Pete's 100th Books and Recordings
A number of new books and recordings are coming out this year to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Pete Seeger's birth.
NEW: Specially discounted BUNDLES of Pete's favorite songbooks and recordings
Please email us with additions!
Pete Seeger songbooks:
- If I Had a Hammer: A Pete Seeger Singalong Songbook. "50 songs to remake the planet". Edited by Annie Patterson & Peter Blood. With a Foreword by Harry Belafonte and notes on many songs by Pete Seeger.
- Pete Seeger Centennial Songbook, words & music to 43 songs. From TRO-Essex Music - the publisher of Woody Guthrie, Weavers, and many of Pete's songs.
- Bells of Rhymney and Other Songs & Stories from the Singing of Pete Seeger. 80 great songs includes many by Pete, Woody, Malvina. Re-issued from the Oak Music archive.
- American Favorite Ballads. 84 songs as sung by Pete including many traditional songs plus favorites by Woody, Leadbelly, the Weavers. Re-issued from the Oak Music archive. A classic!
- Pete Seeger: The Smithsonian Folkways Collection. Includes a large book, 6 CDs (including 20 previously unreleased tracks).
- Where Have All the Flowers Gone: A Singalong Memoir (Pete's autobiography with 80 of his songs) is unfortunately currently out of print. Pete's daughter Tinya is working hard on trying to bring the book back into print soon.
- John McCutchen "To Everyone in All the World: A Celebration of Pete Seeger"
- Annie Patterson & Charlie King "Step by Step" (including 4 Seeger songs)
- The RIX (Rick Nestler & Rik Palieri) "Steering Pete's Course: Maritime Songs from the Seeger Songbag" (forthcoming soon!)
- Pete Seeger's"Think Globally, Act Locally Concert" held in 2009 in Hasstings on Hudson with a local children's choir. The concert is also available on Spotify and Amazon Music.
Recent books & DVD:
- Stand Up and Sing!: Pete Seeger, Folk Music, and the Path to Justice, text Susanna Wright, illustrated by Adam Gustavsan, Bloomsbury Press, 2019.
- Sing It: A Biography of Pete Seeger, Meryl Danziger, Seven Stories Press, 2016. Available as ebook. The book is aimed at young readers.
- Let Your Voice Be Heard: The Life & Times of Pete Seeger, Anita Silvey, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2016 (hardcover)
- Pete Seeger "Living Folk Festival" - a DVD from Paul Winter featuring 3 short films about Pete Seeger. Can also be purchased as a "Pete-Pak", combined with the 1997 Grammy-winning album "Pete", produced by Paul Winter.