The Music Box: Online Song Database
The "Music Box" is what we call our online song databse. It has song pages for over 2600 songs - including all the songs in our songbooks Rise Up Singing, Rise Again, and If I Had a Hammer - plus a growing number of songs that are not in any of these books but are important songs.
SONG PAGES contain information on where song can be found in our songbooks as well as links to YouTube videos, links to the artist(s) who composed the song, information on the song and much more.
The Music Box also contains over a thousand artist pages for composers, performers and recording artists associated with the songs in our database.
ARTIST PAGES exist for the composer(s) of each song in the database as well as for many of the artists who record or perform on videos linked to songs.
Other things being built / added to the Music Box:
- Searches by song subject and holidays
- English translations for songs in languages other thn English (many are already present)
- Alternate lyrics besides the lyrics included in our books (e.g. for traditional songs)
- Leadsheets for some of the harder to find songs
- The addition of the 80 songs in Pete's autobiography Where Have All the Flowers Gone.
Needless to say it is taking a lot of work to build this database. We welcome new volunteers to help create this database and keep it up to date!
If you would like to work on the database, contact us at email@example.com. All work is done online, so people can help out from anywhere there is internet! Videos of songs on YouTube often disappear over time, so please email us to let us know of any broken links in this database or to provide video suggestions or other info we can add to the song pages.