Songs of Resilience - West Bay
ONLINE TICKET SALES ARE NOW CLOSED BUT THERE ARE PLENTY OF TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR. (If you bought tickets online just give your name at the "will call" list (which is alphabetized by first name.)
Celebrating Pete Seeger's 100th Birthday
Join award-winning activist duo, Emma's Revolution, and beloved folk performer and co-creator of the popular songbooks Rise Up Singing and Rise Again, Annie Patterson, for an uprising of hope and harmony for these tumultuous times in Menlo Park on Friday Feb. 7th.
Pete was one of the great song leaders of all time, igniting the hearts of those who sang with him. A friend and mentor to these artists, Pete inspired Annie and Emma’s Revolution to carry on his tradition of building community, hope, and empowerment through song. In this special series of concerts in California, the trio will lead audiences in songs Pete wrote or was associated with, using a new Seeger singalong songbook, If I Had a Hammer (from the creators of Rise Up Singing) plus perform songs by Emma’s Revolution and other contemporary justice songwriters.
You can buy tickets here on this page or at the door for a suggested donation of $25. "Be generous! Be affordable!" No one turned away for lack of funds. (See below for more information on online tickets.)
You also can order copies now of If I Had a Hammer for pickup at the concert - or borrow or buy copies at the concert.
About the performers:
Called “fervent and heartfelt” by The New York Times, Emma’s Revolution’s songs have been sung for the Dalai Lama, praised by Seeger, and covered by Holly Near. https://emmasrevolution.com/
Reggie Harris says that "Annie is one of the true lights in my universe. Her expressive voice and sparkling presence makes every song she touches come alive." https://www.riseupandsing.org/annie
Online ticket sales:
- Online ticket sales go on a "will call list". No tickets are mailed out.
- Our website sends out email confirmations, but these are often intercepted by spam filters. If the website provided you with an order number at checkout then this means your order went through fine.
- You do not need to bring this order number with you. Just give your name at the "will call" list when you arrive at the concert.
- You do not need to create an account on our website (and anyway this feature is not functioning on our site!)
- If you would like confirmation of your order, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Include the name & email address of the person placing the order & which concert you bought tickets for.)