Repairing the Breach - Northwest
Songs for the Journey
Here is the set-list of the May 15 online concert. This set-list has links to every song that was performed in "The Music Box" (our only song database). You can use these to learn or listen to recordings of these songs.
Come join us for a virtual concert on Saturday, May 15, at 7:00 PM Pacific Time - where we will seek to "repair the breaches" within our nation, our city, and our families - from the ravages of the virus, racism, fear, and the many breaches that divide us from each other.
We are thrilled to announce that we will be joined for this concert by the dynamic award-winning activist duo Emma's Revolution! (Pat Humphries & Sandy O)
This concert is a fund-raiser for Project Voice. Project Voice is an immigrant rights program of the American Friends Service Committee, serving immigrant communities in Oregon and Washington. Project Voice Program Director, Pedro Sosa, travels (now virtually) to rural immigrant communities to empower them through training and leadership building, Rapid Response planning, and Know Your Rights education. In this past year, with the devastation brought by COVID and wildfires to these communities, Pedro has organized mutual aid and COVID education efforts, in coalition with other immigrant justice organizations. We greatly appreciate your support of Project Voice to advocate for and assist those whose presence and work in this country sustains us all.
- Learn about Project Voice
- DONATE NOW to Project Voice
- Learn about the mission and work of AFSC
**Note re where funds go:
- Ticket sales for this concert (left side bar on this page) are shared between Project Voice and the performers.
- Donations made on this page (above "DONATE NOW to Project Voice") and via the AFSC link that we will post in chat during the concert will go 100% to Project Voice.
- If you make a donation during checkout on this Rise Up & Sing website, that goes to support Annie & Peter's work of fostering social justice through music.
This will be a singalong concert led by Annie Patterson & Peter Blood, the creators of the best-selling songbooks Rise Up Singing and Rise Again.
"Rise Up Singing is the best, most exhilarating and glorious history of the United States: a singing history. It is more than a lovely songbook - it is a play-work-fight-freedom hymnal." - Studs Terkel, author of Working.
Buy a ticket here for the amount you can afford and feel is right for you to give. (Enter a # just below or to the right of the ticket type you are selecting.)
We will email you a Zoom link for the concert and a songsheet that you can sing along with us from home.