Songs of Hope & Courage - Chapel Hill
Celebrating Pete Seeger's Centennial
Come join us tonight for a rousing evening of song. Tickets will be available at the door!
Pete Seeger was born on May 3rd, 1919. He spent his life working for a better world through song. Join us for an evening that honors his work and carries on the tradition of singing for justice and resilience.
Songleader/performers. This concert will feature Annie Patterson (the co-creator of the songbooks Rise Up Singing and Rise Again) and Mary Witt, vocalist and bass player of The O-Tones. Annie & Mary recently recorded a new CD "Fearless: Celebrating Women Singers" and will perform some songs from that CD.
Singalong concert. Although the evening will feature performed songs by Annie and Mary, the audience will also be encouraged to join them in singing together out of If I Had a Hammer, a new collection of songs that Pete wrote or was great at performing and leading. Annie created this songbook especially to honor the 100th anniversary of Pete Seeger's birth. Copies will be available to borrow or buy at the concert - or you can pre-order copies now to pick up when you arrive.
Admission to this concert will be for a "pay as led" donation to the artists. At the door the suggested donation will be $15-20, no one will be turned away for lack of funds. (Be generous! Be affordable!) Under 18 admitted free.
Or, you can donate now on this site (at left) and reserve one or more tickets. If you buy a ticket now, your name will be on a "will call" list at the door. No tickets will be mailed out. You can also reserve a space by emailing Steve Godwin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online ticket orders:
- If you view ticket prices on a small screen (e.g. phone) note that the prices are below the ticket categories not above. If you turn your phone horizontally the prices will appear more clearly. For example, Supporter tickets are $25, Low income tickets are $10.
- When ordering tickets be sure to click the "buy now" button under the ticket prices after you enter the # of tickets you want.
- Go to "cart" and enter your information. You can tell your order has gone through successfully when the website provides you an "order number".
- Our website sends out an order confirmation email but it often gets trapped by email filters. If you completed your ticket purchase through to being given the order number, your name was put on the "will call" list for this concert.
- You do not need to bring the order number with you. Just give your name at the will call list when you arrive at the concert. No tickets are mailed out.
- If you aren't sure if your order went through successfully, email us at email@example.com and we'll check for you.