Love's Gonna Carry Us - Brattleboro
You are invited to an evening of songs of joy, resilience, and justice on a Friday in April 14th at All Souls Unitarian Church in West Brattleboro. (Note: This is a new date as the concert was postponed from March 17th due to bad weather and a fallen tree in the parking lot at the church.)
We face great challenges as a nation and world. We hope these concerts will provide strength, hope, and healing—for families, for communities, and for those working to address these great challenges. It will be a blend of old favorites and a bunch of terrific new songs you may be unfamiliar with. You can get of taste of what's to come by checking out a playlist we've made of these songs on our YouTube channel. Learn more about these songs here.
This concert is a benefit for Community Asylum Seekers Project to support people fleeing from violence and repression to find a new life in SE Vermont.
- Buy a ticket now (at left) at whatever price you feel you can afford—or buy a ticket at the door (space permitting).
- Suggested donation donation is $20 for adults. Refugees and under 18 free.
- No one should stay away for lack of funds. Email organizer (George) if you can't afford $10 but want to come.
- Although our website asks for a shipping address, no paper tickets are being mailed out. If you buy tickets now, you will be on a "will call" list at the door.
(Note: this page can be confusing on a phone. It may be easier to read if you hold your phone horizontally—in "landscape" rather than "portrait" view. The boldface ticket prices in left hand column—"$20.00 ea, $30.00 ea, $10.00 ea, etc.—refer to the ticket level above not the the ticket level below.)
- Please remain masked during the concert. (Annie & Peter will not be masked while performing.)
- The main room we're using at All Souls is well-ventilated.
- We recommend you self-test before concert if possible. Please do not come if recently exposed.
Group singing during concert:
- Audience will be invited to join in on most songs. We will listen to Annie's voice on some songs.
- Annie & Peter will be leading the audience in singing out of their songbooks Rise Up Singing and Rise Again on many songs.
- Bring copies of these songbooks if you have them. Copies of songbooks will be available to buy or borrow at the concert.
There is ample onsite parking available at top of hill to left of the church.
We hope you can join us for this great evening of singing together!
(The name of this concert is inspired by the title track of Fred Small's 1989 debut album.)